Tuesday 29 April 2014

Tattered Lace Challenge #2: Romance and Roses

Good Morning!

Wow, I can't believe April is coming to a close already... but that means it's time for another challenge over at Tattered Lace!

Here's my DT card for the challenge of Romance & Roses:


To make this card, I've used a Cream card base, then found a lighter cream paperstock (roughly 120gsm) to coordinate. 

I ran my base paper through my Jus-Cutz using an 8x8 Crafters Companion Rose Vine Embossalicious folder, then inked the edges using Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.

I cut a strip of plain cream to go across the card, offset towards the top, then added a couple of thinner strips along the top and bottom of that to add a little bit of dimension.

I've used one of the large Spellbinders circles as my plaque to arrange the flowers onto, again inked with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink around the edge.

I cut out three per medium & small Lavish Blooms Poppy flowers - I wanted to make the roses and used the basic technique of cutting out petals to layer them inside each other (snip to the centre of the first, take a petal out of the second and two petals out of the third - overlap and glue the petals to decrease in size each time). I inked the edges a little and then arranged these with the largest in the centre of my large circular plaque.

I then cut out four rough circles, coiled them to the centre with my scissors and twirled to make the extra fill-in flowers.

I then took my favourite dies (The Florentine Flourish) and ran them through plenty of times to get lots of cream swirls. I inked them a little and poked them from every angle of the arrangement to fill out the card.

Finally (to stick to the Romance theme!) I added a sentiment cut up from our Unique Sentiment set which launched yesterday on our website in the lower right corner of the card.

Hope you like it!

Don't forget to join in with the fun on the challenge blog here - we'd love to see your creations!

Carol x


2 comments:

  1. wow the sample are fantastic i really enjoyed the show the glitters are just heavenly so are the stamps. Keep up the good work
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this card is beautiful

    ReplyDelete