Tuesday 6 August 2013

From Paris...!

Good Morning!

Less than one week now (as a matter of fact, it's two & a bit days until set-up!) to the Great British Craft Festival! We're super excited and everything is finally ready... apart from about 25-50 sample cards... oh dear!

Anyway, speaking of samples... I've officially claimed this stamp set as my favourite from the everyday releases - here are two cards I've recently made with it!




The above card has been made with papers from the Simply Sweet double CD  which is just £14.99! I've used a bit of kraft card to stamp my Eiffel Tower onto, and to stamp Script onto for the top backing paper. Behind the Eiffel Tower, I used some embellishment stamps that are including in the set (which is just £3.50!) to create a background, along with the script. 

I've used some Teal tea roses (10mm) which are 75p for a cluster of 12 to add to the flower arrangement - the rest are just from our huge selection of flower stash! I've used the Circle Sentiment from our Everyday Set (1) for the 'With Love' - it's approx. 1.5" in diameter and great for punches - the sentiment is attached using a project embellishment Memo pin too (I LOVE memo pins!)



I also received my copy of Simply Homemade via post on the Saturday morning that I made this card so grabbed the freebie on the front (stunning silver charms & sticky-backed domes to make your own metal embellishments!) and made a cute little Eiffel Tower pendant by masking the postage stamp from the Perfume stamp set onto some paper & sticking the dome on top! I cut it out and then glued onto the backing pendant - attached some white ribbon & there we go!


With this card (above), I used the card shapes from our  Simply Sweet double CD  to create the scalloped shape and all papers are from that CD too! Around the edge of the card, I stamped the swirl that comes with the Dragonflies stamp set to create a border/background. 

I used part of a doily, some gorgeous red crispy lace ribbon, some teardrop lace (ivory), some of the Christmas pearls (which are perfectly usable every-day!) and a length of twine!

To make the flower arrangements, I used some daisies from our stash, a large red (50mm) flower, a handmade navy flower (from some backing paper) and some 10mm red flowers.

Sentiments are from:

'Friend' is in the Eiffel Tower stamp set
and
'Happy Birthday' is with Flower Shapes (2)

AND, my favourite part of that card is the bunting - made using Gathered Twigs distress ink pad, Festive Berries and Faded Jeans - I've stamped the Triangles stamp set onto plain white card, cut them and spread them along the card to make bunting!

(I used red, blue & white/brown for a French feel... but it seems to remind me of the beach more so!)




And here's a bauble I made from the Christmas Extravaganza CD - the shape comes on the CD and is designed for a 'make-your-own MDF' sort of idea (also on the CD are elongated hearts & stars!). I used to constantly buy my MDF shapes and boxes to decorate, but instead now I cut a shape from sturdy cardboard (a box that delivers our polymer, a few sheets of cereal box cardboard stuck together, etc!) and then treat it just like MDF! (You can do the exact same thing with our Templates & More CD - which includes lots of templates to play with!)

Papers are all from Christmas Extravaganza , I've used some die-cut snowflakes, and some project embellishments such as Hinge clips and a Gem clip!

You can get all our favourite project embellishments in small amounts now here which includes smaller amounts of lightbulbs, memo pins, hanger clips & more!

I hope you like these projects - they're heading for our stand at the Great British Craft Fest on Friday so be sure to pop by if you're going!

Have a great week,

Hayley xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment