Monday 27 May 2013

A mini box unit!

Good Morning!

Well I have a lovely project to show you today - something that's still upcoming for Dreamees!

I've been really into making MDF projects and this is something that I couldn't find ANYWHERE - so, I decided to just make my own (template and all...!)

AND, it has inspired a whole CD jam packed with templates and gorgeous accessories to make projects like this for low-cost - I did make this out of card from a box that we had a parcel delivered in (I think it was the box our stamp materials arrived in...) which has worked fantastically.

I have tried the project out of kraft card (300gsm) and plain white card (300gsm) which has worked a treat too - it does allow you more 'wiggle' if you use normal cardstock.

Here's the finished project:





I used die-cuts from our CD Cuttables 2 and Cuttables 3 - designed for any GSD cutter (eg. CraftROBO or Silhouette Cameo) - these include the lock & key, the sprigs in the flower cluster, the butterflies, corners, mannequin and cogs.

Stamps used to give a pattern to things such as the dress are our Script stamp (along with on the frame itself) and I also used our stamp set Cogs/Pocket Watch for in the left section (LOVE the sentiment!)

OH, and the 'Perfect Day' sentiment in the middle bottom section is a snippet of the sentiment in our Teacup stamp set!



I used our Hot Air Balloon stamps to make the flower in the middle top section - video tutorial of how this can be done is available free HERE



All papers and paper embellishments (eg. the flowers in the lower corner, the ticket and word sentiments, the calendars in the middle section) are from our brand new Gorgeous Girls CD



I also used my favorite Ranger Rock Candy glitter and the gorgeous Light Bulb (which I'm sure is either a Ranger or Tim Holtz product!)


If I've missed any of the parts you'd like to know about, do leave me a comment or ask us on facebook and I'm more than happy to let you know :-)

Have a wonderful Bank Holiday Monday!

I'll see you soon,

Hayley xx

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous project Hayley, so many brilliant bits and pieces and techniques. Look forward to the new cd x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is lovely Hayley. xx

    ReplyDelete