Wednesday 16 January 2013

First look at the new CDs & MDF!

Good morning - long time no see!

Well, yesterday we released a whole range of gorgeous MDF blanks on the Dreamees website  and I can't believe how quickly they're selling (at this rate we won't have much stock left for Hull on Sunday!)

We popped down to our suppliers the other day to pick up 3 massive boxes full of MDF blanks and before that, he was very sneaky in not showing me this gorgeous house money box... which of course, I jumped at the chance to alter!

I've used the Small House MDF Money Box which is only £6.50 online from us, with FREE first class shipping, and here's what I've altered it to look like:


I've used the two brand new CDs which are set for release on Friday (18th Jan):
'Bloomin' Brights' and 'Pretty Pastels'.

The black papers are from the Pastel CD and the pink from the Brights. All butterflies and flowers are printed from the CDs and cut out, leaving a small white border.

As for the letters (spelling art, idea and create), these are taken from the accessory part of the CDs and reduced in size accordingly. Ticket sentiments and the plaque on the back of the money box are also taken from the CD and I've used a little 'Black Soot' distress ink and a 'Black' pro marker to colour in the hard-to-reach places (cheating a little bit, I know!).

All black ribbon was just dug out from our collection and I used an old lightbulb for the 'idea worth remembering' part and created a gorgeous little 'bicycle' from screws, washers, curtain hooks & safety pins (believe it or not, they came in a package from Santa on Christmas Day and I was over the moon!!).

An image of gorgeous bicycles made from old screws came up on my facebook feed the other day and it inspired me so much to try it - I'm so chuffed with how it turned out! (You can view the ladies facebook page here)

Heres the images individually:




Hope you like it (I know I do!)

Have a wonderful day,

Hayley xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment